Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gift Bags - With Watercolors and Out of Newspaper!

I decided to add my simple watercolor pictures to white gift bags as a way to showcase my art, make a practical item, and make a pretty bag to put in my art! I started with small white paper bags, glued on a few abstract paintings, then found some paper bags to reuse. These bags were in different colors so I had to make the art to go with the bag color. Then I purchased larger paper bags in forest green and purple and added more winter art for them. Here are some of my bags:




Here is a website for creating giftbags out of newspaper. Can't wait to try it out with my students!
How to Make Gift Bags Out of Newspaper 
I am hoping that the idea of recycling, and reusing can be combined with fine art. What do you think? Would you use a paper gift bag with a watercolor on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment