Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Leaves Projects

Every fall I try to paint using the influence of nature. I paint on leaves, with leaves and this year made leaf pictures. I also do a leaf watercolor project. It is easy and the students find success doing it. Here is the link to how it is done: Easy Watercolor Project For Fall.
When using leaves for pictures I used leaves from strawberry plants, peonies and geranium petals. They turned out lovely. All students needed were glue sticks. Some tried to make animals out of their materials. They only last a few days on the display wall but it was worthwhile to do.
Finally, I made rice paper with students using leaves. Also used strawberry leaves in this project with chrysanthemums and gerianium petals. Looked great on the Grade 4, 5, and 6 windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment